Thursday 12 September 2019

A Proud parent's

I am convinced that I'm slowly getting very older and grey hair soon start to tint my locks. Because, my daughter's talent exceedingly makes me very proud as a veteran Creative Artist. Thako ya morago. Just today, her school club was representing the North West region at the ABOSPA Performing Arts competitions in the HOSANA traditional song and dance category at Botho University in Gaborone since morning. These kids can take one's soul nxwi struu. Immensely gifted and confident. Despite tough competition, I am a happy man and whatever the results, I'll still be proud of Matola Primary school for making a mark at national level. I have to thank the team (trainers and directors Pelo and Tsalaepe, Mr Makgelane, Mma Zulu and the organizers). As a parent, it touches my heArt even harder to see the commitment and articulation these kids have and their presentations really surpass that of Junior, Secondary and tertiary schools. But really Deczybélle Daisy reminded me of my early days at Mathiba primary school. Ne ke rabola, from 93 to 2004 go gyiwa lethwa. Those who know me will attest to the fact and I continue to put bread on the table through just art. I thank my ancestors for her. And I wish her a very creative and artistic journey hantse dithaka di mo zukutura kaha a sprakana natso. Oh, Urezha! Nda ti qwatisa nishoozi pa peeshi when this girl rumbles in such talents. My heart is very white.

Image may contain: 21 people, people smiling, people standing
MATLOLA Primary School Traditional Song and Dance group
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoor
Artistic Director Tsalaepe, my daughter Deczybelle and myself at Botho University in Gaborone
Image may contain: 1 person, sunglasses and outdoor
Gaborone - National Assembly/Parliament of Botswana building

No comments:

Post a Comment