Friday 18 September 2020

WHEN I DIE

WHEN I DIE, let my soul find peace

At ease before time could crush as it pleases.

Let my bones dust as wind and soils.

I'd die a frustrated man if I die heart broken.

For I am the spoken word between your speech buds.

I am the phonological phonetics connecting the pieces from days of the past.

 

I am the semantics, the literature, demanded, the picture.

I'd die a joyous man if I die with art,

Books and words surrounded.

For I desire reading my own pieces at death as I'd done at birth.

So, celebrate my death, as was my birth.

And I'll continue to walk with the dead; my ancestors, my descendants.

 

When I die, let my eyes bleed tears of pain and sorrows of this world,

For life would cease to exist between me and my soul in the end.

I will cry for a little if time would allow me, still, I’ll understand

If smiles would cease to amaze me.

For poems and scriptures of this very man I am will find their cage in pages,

They shall hide for the longest passage of time until the day of their shine.

 

These words shall find their way to your ears and senses,

This poem is a poetic juice that oozes mood and rhythms

Of the jungle kings in their weapons.

This poem is not a poem but a fairy tale behind curtains.

And dozens would speak but I’d not hear them,

I’ll not hear their sounds and voices but fears of death and pain in person.

16092020-0052

Onalethuso Petruss Buyile Ntema

The Voice of a Shadow poetry anthology

+26772660907 | mambo.bw@gmail.com

Watch, Share, Comment and spread the positive vibes. 1BLOOD.

MAMBO NTEMA When I Die Poetry Reading 





No comments:

Post a Comment